We look forward to welcoming our conference delegation back and are committed to your health and safety, whilst attending ISDN 2022. Keeping our conference attendees protected is a shared responsibility and we ask all participants play their part, in making the conference as safe as reasonably practical.
TRAVEL TO CANADA
All arrivals to Canada must be fully vaccinated to enter without quarantine.
If you are travelling to Canada by air, land, rail or marine vessel, you must use the AriveCAN app. All those entering Canada must use the app which is FREE.
If you are arriving at Vancouver International Airport (YVR) you should also submit your advance CBSA declaration via the newly created website (note: currently this is only available for Vancouver and Toronto point of entry).
Full information on entry requirements can be found here.
Check with your airline for on-board requirements. Mask wearing is mandatory on all flights into Canada.
COVID-19 RULES IN BRITISH COLUMBIA AND AT THE VENUE
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any event or public space, including the conference. Prior to registering for and attending the conference, please ensure you have read the latest Canada guidelines.
By attending the conference, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of entering the conference, you acknowledge, understand and confirm that you will comply with the following guidance:
Do not attend the conference if you:
1. Are showing COVID-19 symptoms such as, but not limited to: fever or a feeling of fever (chills, hot-cold), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, unusual fatigue, sore throat or headache, loss or change in smell or taste.
2. Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days.
3. You are unable to comply with the Covid-19 travel requirements of the host country.
Please do not enter the conference or the venue if you cannot confirm all of the above. If at any point during your time at the conference you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and asked to leave the conference venue, at management's sole discretion.
ISDN strongly encourages attendees to wear a face mask at all times during the event (unless eating or drinking).
Face masks are optional for indoor public spaces in British Columbia. However, face masks are still required in certain circumstances and we recommend you carry one at all times.
Further information on venue Covid guidelines can be found here.
Additional measures to be taken by ISDN and the conference venue, for your safety:
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the venue, for all conference areas (meeting rooms, exhibit areas, catering points, poster rooms and common areas
- Increased cleaning measures, to ensure that all high-contact areas will be frequently sanitised
- Compliance with venue capacity limits: We will ensure that maximum capacity limits are complied with in exhibition halls, conference spaces and food service areas.
- Safety reminders: All participants will be regularly reminded of the conference safety measures, via the dedicated conference app
Prior to registering for and attending the conference, please ensure you have read the latest Canada guidelines for prevention.
Before travelling to Canada:
- Make sure that you have reviewed any advisories and restrictions that may be in place, for travel to the conference location.
- For arrivals at Vancouver International Airport, download the ArriveCAN app and complete the advance CBSA declaration.
- Check with your airline for on-board requirements. Mask wearing is mandatory on all flights into Canada.
For information on what the conference venue is doing to keep you safe during the conference, please read here.
Finally, we are asking everyone to keep your distance where you can and respect others, who may be apprehensive returning to live events. Thank you for your co-operation, we are looking forward to returning to live conferences safely.